Caring for Carers
If you are a carer please see the attached link for information on free courses that are available to you.
Promas Caring for People CIC
Care & Support in Cornwall
Please see the attached link for more information.
We provide solutions, services, support and reassurance to people of all ages in the South West who face independence and mobility challenges.
- Wheelchairs and Scooters, including repairs and servicing
- Help for drivers - vehicle adaptation, lessons, and advice
- Help for passengers - types of vehicle and safe transfer
- Children - wheelchairs, buggies, harnesses, and other equipment
- Aids to independent living - including access to an Occupational Therapist
- Supporting Carers - advice on hoists, vehicle and passenger access
- Equipment Hire
- •Wheelchair hire for adults
- •Buggies and wheelchairs for children
- •Scooters (4mph)
- •Power chairs
- •Rise and Recline chairs
- •Specialist Seating
- •Other mobility aids
Find your freedom, live your life
The Wheelchair Service is available to those registered with a Cornwall GP, children with specialist wheelchair needs and adults who require standard or specialist wheelchairs.
Our role is to assess for and prescribe long term loan wheelchairs. This can include pressure relieving cushions and / or special seating equipment to provide postural support in wheelchairs and buggies.
see the following link for details of The Wheelchair Service, and also some contact details for patients needing a wheelchair for a short period.