We’re proud to be one of 3 first wave vaccination sites in Cornwall, meaning that our patients have been amongst the first in the country to receive the vaccine as soon as we receive supplies and when they are eligible. We are set up to rapidly administer the vaccine with projected capacity to administer over 2000 vaccines per week as vaccine supply is ramped up over coming weeks.
We have given around 3000 vaccines so far to the over 80s, care home residents and frontline healthcare workers. This service is not just for Bodmin but also neighbouring towns and areas with 10 different practices working together to deliver this.
- Please don’t contact us at this time unless we specifically leave a message or write to you to ask you to get in touch. We will contact you according to Government prioritisation guidelines.
- It helps us enormously if we can have a mobile phone number on you record. You can notify us of this by going to our website carnewaterpractice.co.uk and selecting ‘administration office’ where you can choose the ‘change personal details’ option.
- When we do contact you, please attend your booked appointments.
- Everyone is working extremely hard – there is amazing effort to get this up and running. Please be patient with us during this time – we are vaccinating as quickly as we can with the supplies that we receive.
- On days where GPs, nurses and other staff are supporting the roll-out of the COVID-19 vaccination programme, some routine appointments may be rescheduled to an alternative day.
- Urgent GP appointments will still be available and patients will be seen if it is deemed appropriate.
- Hands, Face, Space remains key – even once people have been vaccinated.
- You can get more information about the COVID-19 Vaccination online on the NHS website https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/coronavirus-vaccination/coronavirus-vaccine/.
Dr Dale Staff (Clinical Director)
Bosvena Health (Carnewater and Stillmoor Practices)